Cracking on with #compsforkids appeal.
From what we have been told there are hundreds of children without the means of getting online to carry out home schooling in Redcar and Cleveland. So we decided to join forces with local community groups, Councillors and businesses to try and solve this issue. The support from the local media and the public has allowed the #compsforkids campaign to really take off. From donations of devices to spreading the word, everyone has been fantastic in their support.
Ourselves at Enter IT, along with the Ladies of Steel and Marske & New Marske Community Information Group we have been overwhelmed with people’s generosity donating Laptops/Tablet/Pc’s/Laptop bags for a local child to make it easier for them to do their online schooling during lockdown.
All laptops will be given a new SSD hard drive before the relevant software installed, some may need chargers, others a screen or extra memory, but what ever can be used will be and the kids who receive them will be able to keep them once lockdown is over.
All this is not possible however without the generosity of fantastic local people and Councillors/community groups coming together and donating money which is used to buy the parts necessary to make this work. My time is free of charge as is the Ladies of Steel and Marske & New Marske Community Information Group.
We have had new laptop donations from Redcar and Cleveland Council, Beyond Housing UK as well as new tablets acquired by RCVDA thanks to funding through SABIC and Sirius.
We are still taking in laptops/tablets to be refurbished, all laptops have their hard drives replaced and old hard drives destroyed (so no data can be retrieved) along with a fresh windows 10 install.
The refurbished devices are going out to supplement the new laptops.
We can arrange collection or whilst doing your daily exercise or shopping you can drop them off at the following places. (please ring and make an appointment to drop off when dropping off can you place tablets/laptops in sealed bags)
Redcar Heart, Inspire to Learn or the South Tees Business centre between 10am and 4pm, Loftus Community Centre during opening hours, and any library – details of opening time as follows: Grangetown Library & Customer Service Point – Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 454417)
• Marske Library & Customer Service Point – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 485440)
• Ormesby Library & Customer Service Point – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 314716)
• Skelton Library & Customer Service Point – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 650487)
• Redcar Library and Community Hub – Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 444141)
• Guisborough Library and Community Hub – Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 632668)
• South Bank Library and Community Hub – Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 513699)
• Loftus Library and Customer Service Point – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 640582)
• Saltburn Library and Customer Service Hub – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 623584)
Enter IT are doing all the work on the devices for free, all data on the devices is removed and hard drives destroyed. So no data can be retrieved.
Thank you to everyone who has donated, we could not do this without your help. x